Table of Contents
A Top Ronkonkoma Divorce Lawyer
When thinking about separating from a spouse or when an inevitable divorce is in your future, you need the most qualified and capable Ronkonkoma divorce lawyer on your side. The quality of your attorney and their team is the most important factor in your case and will ultimately determine whether you succeed in your goals or whether a spouse will take advantage. Whether the concerns are maintaining custody, securing your financial future or preserving a family home, you need an experienced divorce lawyer in Suffolk County to advocate for you from the start. We’re here as your Ronkonkoma Divorce Lawyer to help secure your future.
Experienced Divorce Lawyers in Ronkonkoma
A compassionate Suffolk County divorce lawyer will accurately analyze all of the facts and circumstances of your case and immediately work to protect your best interests.
Why Choose Us As Your Suffolk County Divorce Lawyers
The Law Office of Louis L. Sternberg, P.C. is a highly-respected divorce firm here to provide you with the legal assistance needed for any family law or divorce case. Our divorce attorneys in Ronkonkoma have more than a decade of experience in the Suffolk County divorce courts, handling all aspects of matrimonial litigation including custody, child support, maintenance and property distribution.
We have represented a wide array of clients throughout Long Island. Doctors, lawyers, professional athletes, stay-at-home parents, police, firefighters, nurses, military members, and everyone in between. During your difficult time, we are here to help, ensuring your interests are protected and your rights are secured.
Best Ronkonkoma Family and Divorce Lawyers
When confronted with with a divorce, child custody dispute, domestic violence case, or any other family law matter, your family, your financial future and potentially your safety are at stake. Sound advice and support are needed from an experienced legal team with the skill and prowess to protect your rights and litigate your case. At The Law Office of Louis L. Sternberg, you will receive the top representation your case requires from some of the most capable Ronkonkoma and Suffolk County family & divorce lawyers. Our Suffolk County family law firm focuses exclusively on family law.
Experienced Suffolk County Divorce Lawyer in Ronkonkoma
What is the Role of an Attorney in a Suffolk County Divorce?
Experienced lawyers understand the relevant laws and are familiar with the local divorce procedures. We know the ins and outs of each judge’s courtroom and we handle every aspect of a divorce case including:
- Uncontested divorce
- Contested divorce
- Same-sex divorce
- High Net-Worth divorce
- Child custody
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Property division
- Post-divorce modifications
Hiring the right lawyer is the best way to ensure that your legal rights and interests are protected both inside and outside of the courtroom.
New York No-Fault Divorce Laws
New York is a no-fault divorce state, meaning that parties do prove marital fault or misconduct (adultery, abandonment, cruel and inhuman treatment, etc.) in order to obtain a divorce. As a result, most divorce in Suffolk County are litigated under New York’s no fault “irretrievable breakdown” statute, sometimes referred to as “irreconcilable differences.”
What is Contempt in a New York Divorce?
Contempt in the context of a divorce in New York refers to a legal term that signifies one party’s failure to comply with a court order or judgment related to the divorce proceedings. Contempt of court can occur when either party in a divorce case willfully disobeys a court order or fails to follow specific requirements set forth by the court. Contempt can take various forms in a divorce case, including:
1. Failure to Pay Support: If one party is ordered to pay child support or spousal support and willfully fails to make these payments as directed by the court, they can be held in contempt.
2. Violation of Visitation or Custody Orders: If a parent fails to adhere to visitation or custody orders established by the court without valid reasons, they may be found in contempt.
3. Failure to Divide Marital Property: In cases where the court orders the division of marital property, a party may be held in contempt if they refuse to cooperate or fail to transfer property as directed by the court.
4. Non-Compliance with Court Orders: This can include not following court orders related to the disclosure of financial information, attending negotiations sessions, or participating in court-mandated programs.
To initiate a contempt proceeding in a divorce case, the aggrieved party typically needs to file a motion with the court, demonstrating that the other party has willfully violated a court order. The court will then hold a hearing to determine whether contempt has occurred and, if so, what penalties or remedies are appropriate. Similarly, the aggrieved party can file a violation petition in Family Court seeking comparable relief.
Penalties for contempt can vary and may include fines, incarceration, or other remedies aimed at compelling compliance with the court’s orders. The specific consequences of contempt will depend on the circumstances of the case and the discretion of the judge.
It’s essential to consult with an attorney experienced in divorce and family law in New York if you believe your ex-spouse is in contempt of a court order or if you are facing allegations of contempt. An attorney can help you understand your rights and responsibilities, guide you through the legal process, and advocate for your interests in court.
You should contact a divorce lawyer when you realize your marriage is ending. If you and your spouse are fighting constantly, growing apart, or see other signs your marriage is not doing well, you should reach out to a divorce lawyer as soon as you can for support and guidance.
We are here as a your trusted Ronkonkoma divorce attorneys! Call us now at 631-600-3295 to schedule a free consultation and learn how our divorce attorney in Ronkonkoma, NY can help. You can also use our an online intake form to reach us 24 hours a day.
Ronkonkoma is a hamlet and census-designated place (CDP) located in Suffolk County, New York, United States. It is situated in the central part of Long Island, which is the easternmost part of New York State. Here are some key points about Ronkonkoma:
1. Location: Ronkonkoma is situated in the town of Islip, within Suffolk County, on the southern shore of Lake Ronkonkoma. It is approximately 50 miles (80 kilometers) east of New York City, making it a part of the Greater New York Metropolitan Area.
2. Lake Ronkonkoma: One of the most prominent features of the area is Lake Ronkonkoma, a large freshwater lake that spans approximately 243 acres. The lake is a popular destination for boating, fishing, and picnicking. It is also known for its urban legend of a “Lady of the Lake” ghost story.
3. Transportation: Ronkonkoma is a transportation hub for Long Island. It is served by the Ronkonkoma Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) station, which provides direct access to New York City and other parts of Long Island. Additionally, the Long Island Expressway (I-495) and other major roadways pass through or near Ronkonkoma, facilitating easy access to neighboring communities.
4. Economy: The local economy in Ronkonkoma is diverse and includes a range of businesses, including retail, manufacturing, and service industries. The area’s proximity to major transportation routes and New York City has contributed to its economic development.
5. Education: Ronkonkoma is served by several public schools within the Sachem Central School District, including Sachem High School North and Sachem High School East. There are also private and parochial schools in the area.
6. Recreation: Apart from Lake Ronkonkoma, the hamlet offers various parks and recreational facilities for residents and visitors. Ronkonkoma Beach Park is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking. Veterans Memorial Park and Raynor Beach County Park are other notable outdoor spaces.
7. Housing: Ronkonkoma offers a mix of housing options, including single-family homes, apartments, and condominiums. The real estate market in the area is influenced by factors such as its proximity to transportation and amenities.
8. Community: Ronkonkoma has a close-knit community with various local events and organizations. The Ronkonkoma Chamber of Commerce, for instance, supports local businesses and community activities.
9. History: The area has a rich history dating back to its early settlement by European colonists in the 18th century. Over time, it evolved from an agricultural community into a suburban enclave.
Overall, Ronkonkoma is a vibrant Long Island hamlet known for its accessibility, recreational opportunities, and community spirit, making it a desirable place to live for many residents.
A Free Consultation with a Divorce Attorney
We believe that the first step in resolving your divorce concerns should be accessible to everyone. That’s why we’re excited to offer FREE initial consultations for all new divorce and family law clients. During this consultation, you can expect:
- A one-on-one meeting with an experienced divorce attorney.
- An opportunity to discuss your unique situation in a confidential setting.
- Answers to your questions and concerns about the divorce process.
- A preliminary assessment of your case and potential options.
Take Control of Your Divorce Journey
Don’t let uncertainty hold you back. Take control of your divorce journey today with a free consultation from Ronkonkoma’s premier divorce attorney. Together, we will chart a path to a brighter, more peaceful future.